Electuary to Restore Humidity
Source / Author:
Arnold de Villa Nove
White Poppy seed
Powder what is to be powdered, and with Honey or Syrup of Violet, three times the weight of the rest, form an Electuary.
Strengthens Qi, Nourishes Yin
1. strengthens the body in chronic Illness and convalescnce.
2. good for poor and faulty Digestion
3. With decoction of Violet and Sandalwood it comforts Liver and Stomach hurt by heat and dryness
4. with a decoction of Barley and Licorice, greatly attenuates, and cures dryness of Lungs and Cough
5. With infusion of Saffron restores the Heart and Natural Moisture (Yin)
6. With Comfrey wine cures impediment to conception from dryness (Yin deficiency).
2–4 drams, taken with the vehicles described above