Brief Bio for Adam
- Adam became interested in Herbal Medicine is his early teens where he begun studying Herbal Medicine and growing and collecting herbs.
- Adam formally trained in TCM in Melbourne under Prof. Wong Lun in the early 1990's.
- He has made in depth studies in Traditional Western ('Galenic') Medicine, Unani, Ayurveda, and Tibetan Medicine.
- Adam has travelled widely in his quest to learn Traditional Medicine. He has met with Professors from around the world, has picked wild herbs with Tibetan Healers in the Himalayas, and has had personal teachings from Masters of Tibetan Medicine, TCM, Ayurveda and Unani Medicine.
- Adam is registered as a Traditional Medicine Practitioner with the Australian Government registration body (AHPRA) and is a member of the ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society).
- Adam has spent the last 8 years creating MedicineTraditions, the largest English-language web resource of its type to teach and promote Traditional Herbal Medicine.
- He has written several books, been published in a peer reviewed Journal, and has lectured Internationally.
- Adam has been in clinical practice for around 30 years.
- In 2020 Adam was awarded a Highly Commended award by the ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society) Practitioner of the Year Awards for his work with MedicineTraditions.
For more information see About Adam
Appointments with Adam
Appointments can be made via the contact box at the bottom of this page.
Adam uses Cliniko software which protects all your data and details.
- Initial / Long Consultation is AU$160 (approx. US$100) and is approximately 75–minutes, including pre-consultation assessment of the patient questionnaire.
- Standard or Follow-up Consultation is AU$125 (approx. US$80) and are approximately 45 minutes.
- All Herbs are Extra
Typically, an Initial Consultation is followed by 2 weekly Consultations. Thereafter, Fortnightly or Monthly Consultations may be recommended, but this depends on the person and problem being treated.
Online Consultations MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE CONSULTATION.
Herbs MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL before they are mailed.
At the moment, Payment is through Stripe (Credit / Debit Card payment)
Diet and Lifestyle Advice
A key part of Adam's unique approach is that its pointless to treat an illness if the patient is feeding the problem. Therefore, diet and lifestyle modifications are usually required in chronic or seriouis disorders.
All Herbs are Extra. Herbs are sent internationally at the patients expense. To save on cost of International postage, 2–3 months of Herbs will usually be prescribed. At the moment raw herbs for use in herbal Tea are only available in Australia. Powder and Pills can be sent Internationally.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In most cases, Herbs sent Internationally for personal use pose no problem with Customs. However, Adam will not be held responsible for Herbs seized by Customs in your country and will not refund cost of Herbs or Postage. It is your responsibility to ensure Herbs can be sent to you. However, as stated, this has not posed a problem until now.
Can I Claim?
At the moment, most Health Funds do not cover Online Consultations
Your Details are Safe. They will not be Shared or Sold