Brief Bio for Adam
- Began studying Herbal Medicine in his mid teens from texts like Hoffman's The Herbalist
- At 16 got a secondhand copy of Culpeper';s Herbal. The tidbits of medical theory scattered throughout the text, along with the elaborate Herbal formulas at the end inspired Adam to study Traditional Medicine
- By 17, Adam had his own herb garden and built a large cabinet to keep the herbs he had grown and collected. At this time he was also taught Spiritual Healing and began practicing Meditation.
- At 21, he began studying Chinese Medicine at the Academy or TCM in Melbourne, under Prof. Wong Lun. between 1990–94. During this time he was still studying the Western Tradition while beginning to look at other traditions, especially Tibetan Medicine
- He began clinical practice while still studying Chinese Medicine, and also started practicing Yoga and Pranayama.
- Adam began traveling regularly in search of Traditional Medicine. He visited India many times where he could delve into Ayurveda, Tibetan and Unani Medicines. He met masters, received numerous private teachings, collected herbs in the Himalayas, and obtained countless samples of Traditional Medicines.
- From the early 2000's he worked at the Aura and Body Center under the renowned Dr. Vagif Soultanov for 7 years.
- Adam has been visiting Chengdu regularly since 2012 and has lived there for several years. He has spent a huge amount of time studying the Herbs available at the Chengdu Wholesale Herbal Medicine Market.
- In 2015, Adam began creating MedicineTraditions, primarily to promote the Western Herbal Tradition. Over the coming years, the scope was widened to all herbs of the 4 Great Medical Traditions of the Silk Road, as well as Herbal Formulas, becoming the largest English-language website of its kind.
- In 2019, Adam was awarded a Highly Commended award by the ATMS (Australian Traditional Medicine Society) for his work in promoting Traditional and Herbal Medicine.